Here’s a list of some of the best Seattle-area stores, vets, and other dog-related businesses. Please let us know about your experiences with them or if you have a vet or store you’d like to add to the list. NOTE: We usually only add places we have experience with or that a client has personally recommended, so please don’t ask us to add your business – if we have clients in common, have them contact us.
Don’t see your vet / groomer / dog boarder or walker / fave store on here? Let us know why it should be!
Places that treated your pet badly? Let us know that, too!
- All The Best Pet CareNatural foods for dogs and cats, remedies and supplements and raw food diets.
- Mud Bay Granary
- Crown Hill Pet Supply
“A refreshing respite from hype, junk products, and hurried consultations.”
- Darwin’s Natural Pet Products
“Raw diets for dogs, delivered to your door.”
Dog training books, videos and supplies
- Fetch Pet Grocery
- La Coupe
- Natural Pet Pantry
The Northwest’s first local brick and mortar raw, species-appropriate pet food producer and retailer.
Toys, Treats, Accessories, and Grooming
- Pet Elegance
Bakery, Grooming, Self-wash, & Accessories
- Pet Expertise
Great online store for pet products, chosen by a professional dog trainer.
- Pet Pros
- Three Dog Bakery
Bakery, toys, treats, & other items
- Wally Pets
- Zak & ZoE
“A Modern Dog Mercantile” with toys, treats, gifts, and more! Online store and local delivery, too.
- Animal Wellness Center
Tejinder Sodhi, BVSC & AH, DVM, AVCA, IVAS
Located in Lynnwood and Bellevue. Offers holistic veterinary medicine involving alternative and conventional diagnostic and therapeutic modalities.
- At Home VetDr. Hanna Ekstrom
At Home Vet provides compassionate at-home veterinary care for dogs, cats, birds, and pocket pets. She is a 1992 graduate of Cornell College of Veterinary Medicine and has practiced locally for 14 years.
- Aurora Veterinary HospitalRobertson, Evelyn, DVM
- Ballard Animal Hospital
Emily Howe, DVM
Just around the corner from Ahimsa, highly recommended by students.
- Calm Spirit Veterinary
Alexa Allen, DVM
Holistic Vet with Home Visits to North Seattle, Shoreline, Edmonds, etc. Good for managing injuries or dogs that don’t do well at the vet.
Sara Render Hopkins, DVM, CVA
- Eastlake Veterinary Hospital
Carl Anderson, DVM
Especially great for dogs with behavior issues.
- Eastside Veterinary Associates
- Elliott Bay Animal Hospital
Loads of nice vets across the street from the Seattle Animal Shelter.
- Lake Forest Park Animal Hospital
Combs, Gregory, DVM
- Maple Leaf Veterinary Care Center
Jacqueline Obando, DVM
A full service holistic veterinary hospital located on Mercer Island
- Phinney Ridge Animal Hospital
- Ravenna Animal Hospital
- Seattle Natural Veterinary Center
Kate Fernald, DVM
- Sunset Hill Veterinary & Rehabilitation Center
- VCA Magnolia Animal Hospital
Dr Emily Grossman
Shelters & Rescues
- Everett Animal Shelter (Everett)
- Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County (Tacoma)
- Humane Society for Seattle/King County (Bellevue)
- King County Kent Animal Control Shelter
- Pasado’s Safe Haven (Sultan)
- Progressive Animal Welfare Society (PAWS) (Lynnwood)
- Recycle-A-Bull Pit Bull Rescue (Snohomish)
- Seattle Animal Shelter (Ballard)
- Seattle Purebred Dog Rescue (Foster Homes)
Dog Boarding, Sitting & Walking
Solo Dogs offers safe and secure in-home boarding for dogs who need to be the only dog in the home. Perfect for dog-reactive dogs (like Ahimsa growly dog clients), elderly dogs, dogs with mobility issues, or dogs whose owners want them to have one-on-one attention and care. Located just 20 minutes North of Ahimsa’s Seattle facility.
- Dog Trots
Trips to the dog park. Fremont, Wallingford, Queen Anne, West Seattle
- Whidbey Island Special Needs Pet Boarding
A unique boarding facility on Whidbey Island staffed by a licensed veterinarian familiar with the positive training methods taught at Ahimsa. Great option for older dogs or dogs who need special care because of reactivity to other dogs.
- FunQuest Dog Sports
Pritamo Kentala teaches agility using clicker training as well
- Dog Sports Northwest
Competition obedience and agility using clicker training