Come When Called
Come When Called is a 4-week series class that focuses on recall around distractions.
In the Come When Called class, you will learn strategies and training techniques for getting your dog to come in the real-world environment of Discovery park! We’ll be focusing on how to get your dog’s attention and how to keep their attention with outdoor distractions like crows, squirrels, other people and dogs.
Topics we will cover include:
- strengthening your Emergency Recall
- effective use of non-food reinforcers
- preventing the “drive by” and “just out of reach” come
- teaching a “suggested” vs “mandatory” recall
- managing long lines safely
- using prey drive to reinforce your come
This class is not suitable for dogs who bark excessively or growl at other dogs or people. If your dog growls, barks excessively, or is otherwise ‘reactive’ towards people and other dogs please contact us at email@example.com to see if other classes or private lessons are more appropriate.
If the class you want is full, let us know! Add yourself to the wait list. We will contact you if there is an opening in that class or when new Basic Manners classes are posted to the website.