This is Grisha Stewart's first book: Behavior Adjustment Training: BAT for Fear, Frustration, and Aggression in Dogs. This book will be updated at the end of the summer in 2015.
You can purchase this as an ebook at Grisha's Animal Building Blocks Academy or get a paperback copy at the Ahimsa in Seattle between classes.
"Every trainer who works with dogs that aren't completely bombproof should have both the technical skills of BAT and the learning theory behind it in their toolbox." -Leslie McDevitt MLA, CPDT-KA, CDBC, Author of Control Unleashed: Creating a Focused and Confident Dog
Behavior Adjustment Training is a low-stress way to help dogs gain confidence and social skills. The first-ever BAT book is written so that non-trainers with reactive dogs can easily read through it to help their dogs, but it also has a technical side, making it very useful for professionals. The book has "Notes for Pros" throughout and special technical chapters for trainers and behaviorists.
- BAT Preview
- BATboy: Peanut's Story
- Quick Fixes: Safety and Management Essentials
- A Functional Approach: Functional Rewards and Replacement Behaviors
- Functional Rewards and Replacement Behaviors for Reactive Dogs
- BAT Set-Ups for Reactivity
- BAT for Everyday Walks
- BAT for Frustrated Greeters
- Love Thy Neighbor: Fence Fighting
- BAT for Puppy Socialization
- For Professional Trainers and Behaviorists: Using BAT with Clients
- Appendix 1: Clicker Training Foundations
- Appendix 2: For Trainers and Behaviorists: Other Techniques That Use Functional Rewards
- Appendix 3: For Trainers and Behaviorists: Geek Speak on Quadrants and Other Questions
- Appendix 4: In Their Own Words: Trainers and Clients Experiences with BAT
PRINT VERSION: This book is available in our training center as a print version or online from Dogwise.com.