We're excited about this book from our own Grisha Stewart: Behavior Adjustment Training: BAT for Fear, Frustration, and Aggression in Dogs. Get it instantly as an eBook (choose the format of EPUB, MOBI, or PDF, whichever works with your reader program). Computers can read PDFs, MOBI works for Kindle. You can also download all three file formats in a ZIP file (significantly larger).
PRINT VERSION: This book is available in our training center as a print version or online from Dogwise.com.
"Every trainer who works with dogs that aren't completely bombproof should have both the technical skills of BAT and the learning theory behind it in their toolbox." -Leslie McDevitt MLA, CPDT-KA, CDBC, Author of Control Unleashed: Creating a Focused and Confident Dog
Behavior Adjustment Training is a low-stress way to help dogs gain confidence and social skills. The first-ever BAT book is written so that non-trainers with reactive dogs can easily read through it to help their dogs, but it also has a technical side, making it very useful for professionals. The book has "Notes for Pros" throughout and special technical chapters for trainers and behaviorists.
- BAT Preview
- BATboy: Peanut's Story
- Quick Fixes: Safety and Management Essentials
- A Functional Approach: Functional Rewards and Replacement Behaviors
- Functional Rewards and Replacement Behaviors for Reactive Dogs
- BAT Set-Ups for Reactivity
- BAT for Everyday Walks
- BAT for Frustrated Greeters
- Love Thy Neighbor: Fence Fighting
- BAT for Puppy Socialization
- For Professional Trainers and Behaviorists: Using BAT with Clients
- Appendix 1: Clicker Training Foundations
- Appendix 2: For Trainers and Behaviorists: Other Techniques That Use Functional Rewards
- Appendix 3: For Trainers and Behaviorists: Geek Speak on Quadrants and Other Questions
- Appendix 4: In Their Own Words: Trainers and Clients Experiences with BAT
Please note: eBooks are for use on your devices only. It is illegal (and just mean to authors and publishers) to share or sell the files with others.