Build a solid foundation for a smart, loving dog that fits in with your family.
Puppy Camp makes
a great addition
to Puppy Kindergarten!
"He's like a different dog!"
"There was no way we could have helped him improve so rapidly on our own, regardless of our experience and kindness. There just was no substitute for the 16 hours a week of focused intensive training." Click or scroll down to read more.
A tired dog is a good dog, but a trained, tired puppy is even better! We know that the work involved in having a new puppy can be overwhelming, so in the Seattle Puppy Day Camp we do a lot of your homework for you. Think of how much faster your puppy will learn bite inhibition, housetraining (aka potty training), self control, anti-jump, sit, down, stay, targeting, crate training, and other important skills with expert help.
Your puppy will have training, play time, and chill-out time. That way, your puppy will have a chance to learn to settle with other dogs around.
The self control they'll practice in Puppy Day Camp will help you get focus for training later, whether you just want good manners or will be competing in sports like agility or obedience.
This is not your typical dog daycare, it's a training and socialization experience that also happens to be during the day, so you can get a break from your puppy! Without the right kind of supervision, dogs can learn bad habits like bullying, barking, fear, aggression, and peeing on the floor. With two trained staff to focus on training 6 puppies at our Puppy Day Camp, your puppy will get an orchestrated socialization and training experience to start off on the right paw.
Here are some details:
- Up to 8 Puppies, 2-5 months old. Play will often be in smaller groups, and puppies will not be playing the whole time. Puppies need to rest and also have time to train.
- 2 Trained Puppy Camp Counselors on staff to supervise and train the puppies.
- Daily report card on each puppy for potty training, skills, socialization, etc. Each week, you can select skills or problems for our staff to focus on during the Puppy Day Camp.
- Clean and safe environment (both physically and emotionally).
- We’ll provide crates, or you can bring yours. Bring your own bed so we can work on ‘go to your bed’ with your dog’s own bed, which will help the skills transfer to your home crate.
- Sessions are in the 3100 square foot Ahimsa Dog Training center in Seattle (with rubberized floors to protect your puppy's joints).
- Times: drop your puppy off 7:30-8, pick-up 11:30-noon. Work during the day? No problem! We are coordinating with some dog walkers that you can hire at discounted rates to drive your puppy to and/or from Puppy Day Camp. Information on companies to hire will be on the instruction page.
- Puppy Camp is Monday through Thursday. Book by the week, have your puppy come as many weeks as you want.
- We recommend the puppies in camp also enroll in Ahimsa's Puppy Kindergarten, so that you can be trained, too! If you can't manage that, we'd still love to help you and your puppy camper.
- Cost: $329
Behavior Test: We have a quick behavior test on the first day that your puppy attends. If your puppy's behavior is aggressive toward people or dogs, you will need to keep your puppy and we will process a refund of your camp registration fee.
Multiple Weeks: To register for more than one week of puppy camp at a time, just add one week to the shoppng cart and then use your browser's back button to add another week.
NO Daycare / Dog Park Anti-Germ Policy: Puppies in camp and kindergarten can not be in areas where they may contact germs and infect other puppies, even if they have completed all shots themselves. This includes dog daycares and dog parks.
|Puppy Day Camp||7:30am-11:30am||2-5 months||5/2 to 5/5||-||FULL|
|Puppy Day Camp||7:30am-11:30am||2-5 months||5/9 to 5/12||-||FULL|
|Puppy Day Camp||7:30am-11:30am||2-5 months||5/16 to 5/19||-|
|Puppy Day Camp||7:30am-11:30am||2-5 months||5/23 to 5/26||-|
|Puppy Day Camp||7:30am-11:30am||2-5 months||5/30 to 6/2||-|
|Puppy Day Camp||7:30am-11:30am||2-5 months||6/6 to 6/9||-|
|Puppy Day Camp||7:30am-11:30am||2-5 months||6/13 to 6/16||-|
|Puppy Day Camp||7:30am-11:30am||2-5 months||6/20 to 6/23||-|
|Puppy Day Camp||7:30am-11:30am||2-5 months||6/27 to 6/30||-|
Read these Puppy Camp Testimonials!
When we first came to Ahimsa we had just adopted a 9-week-old puppy that was terrified of the world, snarling at everything and everyone in it (even other puppies). We are not inexperienced dog owners, but this was far beyond what we had bargained for. After 2 nonfunctional (for us/him) Puppy Kindergarten sessions where our pup snarled at anyone coming close, the trainers suggested that he would be a good candidate for intensive training in their Puppy Day Camp program.
Within the first 2 weeks there was tremendous improvement in our puppy, he learned lots of words, was less afraid of things, had much improved manners and the unpleasant snarling reduced dramatically. It has now been 6 weeks of Ahimsa Puppy Day Camp and we have and entirely different, confident and well-mannered tweener dog. He now has fabulous manners (a convenient output of Puppy Day Camp) and most importantly he has become a popular playmate with other puppies, people and children – and he LOVES it! Instead of snarling, he, looks forward to going outside and shakes off anything super scary. There was no way we could have helped him improve so rapidly on our own, regardless of our experience and kindness. There just was no substitute for the 16 hours a week of focused intensive training (& puppy emotional therapy) that the expert staff at Ahimsa Puppy Camp provided for our pup. We are now confident that our puppy has the skills to make and build good decisions that will help him grow further into a very loved and easy to live with furry family member.
And now we’re looking forward to joining a normal Puppy Junior High class!
My French Bulldog puppy, Babette, has been a grateful Puppy Camp student for eight weeks. I wanted to drop a note to make sure you are aware of what amazing work is going on there. I really cannot imagine how Babette’s development would have played out had it not been for Frank, Amber and Katie. CLICK TO READ MORE!
- Dana, Seattle
Confused? Please email email@example.com or call us at 206-364-4072 if you have any questions about which class(es) would be best for you at Ahimsa Dog Training in Seattle.