NO WALKS CURRENTLY SCHEDULED. This program has been temporarily stopped.
"I did the Greenlake walk with Adriane on Saturday morning - really great - learned a lot and had fun!" - Britta
If your dog that listens to you all around Seattle, you need to practice out in the world, not just at home and in the training center! Adventure Walks are part of our adult dog training program in Seattle. You can sign up for these workshops individually for $39 or sign up for a multi-session class and drop into this session for free, if space is available. We have our Adventure Walks on the last Saturday of every month, 9:30-11 am. Tell your friends & make it a doggy date!
- Exercise for you and your dog - we'll be walking/hiking at Green Lake, at Parks, and elsewhere in Seattle.
- Practice your dog walking skills in the real world, with an expert to guide you.
- Think of all of the times when you could've been helped by having a trainer around - meeting other people, passing by other dogs, seeing squirrels in trees... Practice makes perfect, and this session can help!
Adventure Walks meet at Green Lake, near the Boat Launch / Small Craft Center on the SOUTHWEST side of the lake, close to Woodland Dog Park. (location details below)
We meet rain or shine, but may have to cancel for snow or other unpredictable events. Always check this page (for changes just to this class) or the home page (if we've canceled all classes) for up-to-date information.
Note: If this is your dog's first class, you should try Basic Manners first, so that you can practice in low-level distractions before adding more.
Bring the following with you:
- If you have a person that can come with you as a helper, please bring him/her. It's more fun that way and they can help us with loose dogs and other things like that.
- Lots of extra-good rewards, like high-end treats or squeaky / tug toys. Treats should be in a treat-pouch for fast delivery.
- Clicker (if this is your first class, we'll provide one or you can get one at the Orientation.
- Prepare to have the dog on a 4-6 foot leash during the whole session, although if we walk at Ravenna or another such park, a flexi-leash may be helpful - only if you can manage not to injure someone with it!
- Poop bags.
- Comfortable shoes.
- If you're dropping in, bring your current membership card.
Green Lake. Meet in front of the restrooms by the Boat Launch / Small Craft Center on the SOUTHWEST side of the lake, close to Woodland Dog Park. That's near the boat ramp with the gigantic "G" painted on the ground. An approximate address is 5900 West Green Lake Way N, Seattle. Parking may be challenging, so come early!
Green Lake Photos
The restrooms are just visible to the left of the 2nd picture. Click to enlarge it.
Confused? Please email email@example.com or call us at 206-364-4072 if you have any questions about which class(es) would be best for you at Ahimsa Dog Training in Seattle.