Seminar Title: Tellington TTouch® Techniques: Walking in Balance with Your Dog
Speaker: Lori Stevens
Lori doing TTouch
Seminar Description: TTouch® is a gentle, positive method of bodywork and movement based on more than three decades of results with dogs, horses, and many other animals, including zoo animals. TTouch® is also effectively used with people. TTouch® provides a powerful set of tools and techniques that improve an animal’s behavior, performance, and health. It also enhances the relationship between animals and their human companions.
In this 1-day workshop you will be introduced to positive tools and techniques to help you walk more effectively with your dog or your clients' dogs. We will be focusing on:
- A short introduction to TTouch®
- What causes leash pulling
- Body positioning and what it feels/looks like to be in balance: both yours and your dog's
- Leash techniques and configurations, e.g. communicating more effectively with your dog through a leash
- Equipment: different leashes and a comparison of harnesses -- including information about fit that may surprise you!
- How to influence a change in your walking relationship
- Balanced movement exercises
- Other tools and techniques for walking with your dog
About the Seminar Speaker:
Lori Stevens is a Guild Certified Tellington TTouch®Practitioner for companion animals (dogs, cats, birds, etc.). She is also certified in Canine Massage by the National Board of Certification for Animal Acupressure & Massage and in Small Animal Rehabilitation Massage.
Lori has a positive and gentle approach to dog training and she continually strives to better understand the interactions among animal behavior, performance, learning, and health. She has an established companion animal practice offering private sessions and workshops. Lori’s experience and approach are holistic and one of respect for animals as teachers. See SeattleTTouch.com for more information about Lori and her work.